We offer Nursery places both morning and afternoon. We therefore have capacity to take up to 26 nursery aged children, depending on how many children are accessing 30 hours provision.
Since September 2017, we have offered 30 hours Nursery provision to working families who meet the Government's eligibility criteria. We also have the ability to extend an eligible child's provision to suit personal circumstances and this will incur an additional cost. To find out more about this, please see our Nursery Admissions Policy (below) or contact the school office.
We can only admit children in the term following their third birthday. Places are given based upon when children turn three.
If two children turn three on the same day and only one place is available the following will be considered:
- Looked after children
- Children with siblings in the school
- Children whose parents reside in the nearest area of the school;
- Children whose parents can demonstrate that the child has particular needs which make their request for admission exceptional;
Attendance at our Nursery does not guarantee a place in Reception and the admission forms distributed by Durham County must be completed and returned to the County Council.
School also offers 8 'Play and Learn' places for 2-year-old children whose families have received a 'Golden Ticket' from the Local Authority. Please see our admissions policy (below) for more details on this.
Admission to Primary School
Our pupil admission limit is set at 15 for each year group from Reception to Year 6. If you require a place for your child at our school please contact the admissions team at Durham County Council Durham School Places and Admissions based at County Hall. If more than 15 apply for places in a year group the same criteria as nursery admissions is applied.
When do you need to apply for a place in our Reception Class?
- If your child's birthday falls between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 your child will start Reception at an infant or primary school in September 2024.
- If your child's birthday falls between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 and your child currently attends an infant school, they will start junior school in September 2024.
You must make an application for your child's school place as there is no automatic transfer from either nursery school to infant or primary school (Reception intake).
If you are considering applying for a place in our school you are very welcome to come and visit our school, we are very proud of our school and are certain that you will be impressed. If you would like to visit please contact Mrs Allen in the school office.