Our SEN Provision
The kinds of SEN that are provided for:
There are four broad areas of special educational need, these are:
- Communication and Interaction
This area of need includes children with Autism Spectrum Condition and those with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Cognition and Learning
This includes children with Specific Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
This includes any pupils who have an emotional, social or mental health need that is impacting on their ability to learn
- Sensory and/or Physical Difficulties
This area includes children with hearing impairment, visual impairment, multi-sensory impairment and physical difficulties.
At Ludworth Primary, we have experience of supporting children and young people with a wide range of need including:
- Moderate Learning Difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Specific Learning Difficulties including Dyslexia
- Speech and Language Difficulties
- A range of physical difficulties including vision and hearing.
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues including ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census.